Friedman Lurie Singh & D’Angelo is a fiercely independent law firm specialising in estates, family law, personal injury, probates, wills & workers compensation.
We are not tied to any major organisation and have as our sole objective doing the very best for our clients in the same way we would expect any professional consulted by us to do the best for us.
This long established firm is currently seeking a 5 years+ family lawyer to join its team. With the practice spanning a broad range of family law issues including separation and divorce, property settlements, parenting orders, child support and maintenance and de facto relationships, you will be exposed to and responsible for a wide range of exciting matters of varying complexity, giving you the opportunity to use your experience and knowledge to the fullest.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate experience in:
- Family Law matters including marital, de facto and same-sex property settlements; disputes and child related issues; injunctions & restraining orders; taxation implications of separations & settlements; maintenance, property settlements, divorce & cohabitation financial agreements;
- Court appearances;
- Drafting documentation;
- Developing and managing own file load;
- Negotiating matters to settlement;
- Attendance of formal mediations and conferences; and
- Investigations, advices, pleadings, affidavits, briefing counsel.
The role is based in our Jindalee office, however some travel to our Joondalup office is required catering to the clientele in the northern corridor. You will be required to work independently.
To be successful you will have:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Family Law;
- Extensive “hands on” experience;
- Independent file managements skills;
- Experience in property and child matters;
- Appreciation of negotiation and mediation;
- Familiarity with court preparation and briefing counsel;
- Strong drafting experience;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to negotiate effectively;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work within firm protocols; and
- Client empathy.
Substantial Remuneration on offer for this position.
Please ensure your application includes a letter of introduction, your resume and a current photograph.
If you are interested in working with us, please email us with an expression of interest.